- Teacher training - ECD, primary and secondary school levels
- Learner training - Primary and secondary school
- Trainer training - Maths Centre trainers and others
Aims, Objectives and Targets
| Learners - Learners enrolled for Mathematics and Physical Science at grade 12 level
- Enhance the learners’ performance in Mathematics & Physical Science.
- Provide learners with career guidance and study skills.
- Uplift the learners’ attitude towards Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
| Teachers - Teachers practicing at any high school in the Republic of South Africa
- Equip teacher with advanced skills in the teaching of Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
- Support with curriculum content related issues within the context of the New Curriculum Statement.
- Support teacher with in-service-training program within their schools.
- Reorientation of teachers towards new goals, values, teaching models and methodologies to help cope with the rising demands of the new curricular and assessment requirements.
- Support teachers to understand and use teacher & learner LTSM for the maximum benefit of the learners.
| Trainers - Maths Center trainers get continuous on the job training to intensify their professional expertise
- Content training
- Project Management
- Communications (report writing, etc.)
- Compilation and editing of Training manuals, etc.
- ICT teaching/training
Strategies and Tools
- Diagnostic tests for teachers and learners-to guide intervention
- ICT in the training of both learners and teachers
- Saturday classes at the Mathematics
- Afternoon Clinics
- Learner Discussion forums
- Learner Camps (depending on the availability of funds)
- Individual tutoring
Other interesting Activities include the learner exposure to competitions/olympiads in the Mathematics, Physical Science and Technology fields.
Learner's point of view